Charles William Foulk, Ph.D.
Google: "Charles Foulk"
(1869 - 1958)
Because of increased numbers in the courses in analytical chemistry, Charles William Foulk (B.Sc. Ohio State, 1894) was appointed in 1896 as Assistant in Chemistry. He was promoted to Assistant Professor in 1898.
Various changes in the chemistry curriculum were initiated by Professor McPherson. Organic chemistry was added as a separate course in 1894, a course in theoretical chemistry was offered beginning in 1895 and a four year curriculum in industrial chemistry was established in 1890. Systematic graduate study and research leading to the M.Sc. degree was started at about the same time.