Anastasios T. Georges
|1986-1993||University of Crete, Greece|
|1993-2018||Physics||University of Patras, Greece|
Passed away on 3 Mar. 2018, while a Professor - Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Patras
Education: B.S., University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA. Ph.D., University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA.
Positions, Professor, Physics Dept., University of Patras (1992-2018), Assoc. Professor, Physics Dept., University of Crete (1985-1992), Visiting Assoc. Professor, Physics Dept., University of Southern California, Los Angeles (1989-90), Ast. Professor, Physics Dept., University of Toronto, Canada (1979-80), Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Southern California, Los Angeles (1977-79).
1) Nonlinear Optics: resonant harmonic generation in metal vapors, pulse propagation and coherent effects, stimulated Raman scattering of broadband laser fields in dispersive media.
2) Free Electron Lasers: high gain amplifiers with variable wigglers, spontaneous oscillator start-up and pulse evolution.
3) Resonant Multiphoton Processes in Atoms: multiphoton ionization and absorption, saturation, dynamic Stark effect, quantum beats, resonance fluorescence.
4) Stochastic Laser Fluctuations: effects in resonant nonlinear interaction of radiation with matter.
5) Laser-Metal Surface Interaction: multiphoton surface photoelectric effect, multiple harmonic generation, surface electromagnetic fields, ultrafast (sub-20-fs) interferometric processes, dephasing times.
6) Surface plasmon-polaritons (SPPs): nonlinear excitation by four-wave mixing or difference-frequency generation, parametric amplification of SPPs.